|The Vanderbilt Melodores|
The Vanderbilt Melodores
The Melodores were founded in April 2009 by four students. By September of 2009, a nine-member group performed for Vanderbilt's Spotlight showcase. After their first auditions, the group first rehearsed as a full 14-member crew on September 9th, 2009. Since then, the Melodores have hovered between 11 and 16 full members at any time.
According to the Melodores, they perform, on average, thirty concerts for Vanderbilt's greek community, charitable organizations, and administration's events each year. They also perform biannual concerts for the student body, faculty, and general public, and make numerous impromptu appearances across campus. Notable performances have been for Vanderbilt's Monroe Children's Hospital and Vanderbilt Best Buddies. They have also performed around town and at local high schools, such as Montgomery Bell Academy, and they work often with the Barbershop Harmony Society, which is headquarted in Nashville.
In November 2014, it was announced that the Melodores would be competing on The Sing Off's Season 5 Holiday Special on December 17. Performing alongside and competing against such groups as The Exchange and Traces, the Melodores' performance of Jason Derulo's "Trumpets" was enough to advance them to the final round. After a rousing rendition of Hozier's "Take Me To Church," The Melodores were crowned as the champions of The Sing Off, taking home the $50,000 grand prize. The Melodores went on to perform at select dates on The Sing Off Live! national tour.
 ICCA Appearances
The Melodores have made three consecutive appearances in the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella, the first time being in 2010.
In 2010, the group placed 4th of six groups in the ICCA South Quarterfinal held at the University of Georgia.
In 2011, the group placed 1st of nine groups in the ICCA South Quarterfinal held at the University of Georgia. This advanced them to the ICCA South Semifinal at the University of South Carolina, where the placed 2nd behind the Florida State University AcaBelles. They then proceeded to place 1st in the video-submitted ICCA Wildcard Round, earning the title of ICCA Wildcard Champions and advancing to the ICCA Finals Round in New York City, where they placed 3rd in the international championships.
In 2012, the group placed 2nd of eight groups in the ICCA South Quarterfinal held at the University of Georgia. This advanced them to the ICCA South Semifinal at Vanderbilt University, where they finished 4th.
In 2014, the Melodores placed 1st out of nine groups in the ICCA South Quarterfinal held at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, advancing them to the Semifinal at their home school of Vanderbilt University.
 Rain Check (2010)
The Melodores's first album, "Rain Check," was officially released on November 1, 2010. It included ten songs, four original "Melo-tags," and one bonus track available only on the first edition CD. The vast majority of songs were recorded in Dark Horse Studios during the May 2010 Tennessee floods, during which time much of the group was trapped in the studio for two days. The live songs were recorded in Vanderbilt University's Student Life Center during their inaugural spring concert, "The Melodores Present: The Meloship of the Ring."
- "MeloTag: THX"
- "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" (The Temptations)
- "Supermassive Black Hole" (Muse)
- "Don't Stop Believin' [Live]" (Journey)
- "MeloTag: Horror"
- "Sleep" (Eric Whitacre)
- "Zikr" (A.R. Rahman)
- "All These Things I've Done" (The Killers)
- "MeloTag: Smooth Jazz"
- "Why Georgia" (John Mayer)
- "Let's Get It Introduced [Live]"
- "Let's Get It On [Live]" (Marvin Gaye)
- "Whatcha Say" (Jason DeRulo)
- "Cry Me a Medley" (Justin Timberlake)
- "MeloTag: Original"
- "Lonely Island Medley" [Bonus Track] (The Lonely Island)
 Encore (2013)
- "Who You With (VU)"
- "Numb/Encore" (Linkin Park/Jay-Z)
- "Time Is Running Out" (Muse)
- "Boondocks" (Little Big Town)
- "Sail/Feelin' Good" (Awolnation/Michael Buble)
- "Decode" (Paramore)
- "Cough Syrup" (Young the Giant)
- "Who You Are" (Jessie J)
- "How Low" (Ludacris)
- "Little Lion Man" (Mumford & Sons)
- "Never Gonna Leave This Bed" (Maroon 5)
- "Strange Fruit/A Change Is Gonna Come" (Billie Holiday/Sam Cooke)
- "Sexy Back/Naughty Girl" (Justin Timberlake/Beyonce)
 M (2015)
- "Larger than Life / Everybody" (The Backstreet Boys)
- "Stay With Me" (Sam Smith)
- "Colder Weather" (Zac Brown Band)
- "Uptown Funk" (Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars)
- "Latch" (Sam Smith)
- "Sunday Morning" (Maroon 5)
- "PYT / Fine China" (Michael Jackson / Chris Brown)
- "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" (Death Cab for Cutie)
- "Thinking Out Loud" (Ed Sheeran)
- "Take Me To Church" (Hozier)
- "Bang Bang" (Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj)
 External Links
- The Official Melodores Website
- Vanderbilt Melodores on Facebook
- Vanderbiltmelodores on YouTube
- 2011 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award Winners - CASA
- Melodores win CARA, competing in NYC - Inside Vandy
- Previous Results, ICCA - Varsity Vocals
- Melodores awarded third place in international competition - Inside Vandy
- Melodores make good vibrations - Inside Vandy
- About the Melodores
- See 4.
- MUSIC - The Vanderbilt Melodores
- Melodores up for top music award - Inside Vandy
- See 1.